Private letter  No. 136
Provinces, autonomous regions, municipal administrations (bureaus) of the municipality directly under the Central Government, and the Civil Affairs Bureau of the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps:
In order to implement the decision-making and deployment of the Party Central Committee and the State Council, summarize and promote the typical experience of pilot areas (units) for comprehensive reform of funeral and interment in the country, and promote the development of the funeral and interment business in a holistic manner. After selection and recommendation by the Civil Affairs Departments (Bureaus) of various provinces (autonomous regions and municipalities) and expert review organized by the Ministry of Civil Affairs, a total of 36 national funeral burials were selected including the Beijing Municipal Civil Affairs Bureau's "Creating a New Model, Building a New Mechanism, and Promoting the Natural Burial Development of Evergreen Garden". Excellent case of comprehensive reform pilot. It is hoped that the pilot regions (units) selected as outstanding cases will give full play to the role of reform, demonstration and leading, and achieve new and greater achievements.
Civil affairs departments at all levels must conscientiously learn from the typical experiences and practices, explore and innovate in combination with actual conditions, continuously optimize the management of funeral services, deepen the reform of funeral customs, continuously strengthen their responsibilities, pay close attention to the implementation of various tasks, and promote the funeral reform and the healthy development of the funeral industry. Serve the overall situation of reform, development, and stability, and make new contributions to the victory of building a well-off society in an all-round way and to start a new journey of building a socialist modern country.
Attachment: List of National Outstanding Cases of Comprehensive Funeral Reform Pilots
General Office of the Ministry of Civil Affairs
November 26, 2019
List of National Excellent Cases of Comprehensive Funeral Reform Pilot
1. Beijing Municipal Bureau of Civil Affairs-"Creating a New Model, Constructing a New Mechanism, Promoting the Natural Burial Development of Evergreen Park"
2. The Civil Affairs Bureau of Gaoyi County, Hebei Province-"Exploring the Path to Reform, Tree Funeral and New Funeral"
3.Taiyuan Civil Affairs Bureau of Shanxi Province —— "Integration of Blocking and Dispersing, Comprehensive Governance, Promoting Funeral and Funeral Reform and Changing Customs"
4. Dalian Civil Affairs Bureau of Liaoning Province —— "Coordinated Planning and Jointly Promote Civilized Funeral Construction"
5. The People's Government of Karaqin Left-wing Mongolian Autonomous County, Liaoning Province-"Regulating and Innovating Law Enforcement to Protect the Funeral Reform"
6. Mudanjiang Civil Affairs Bureau of Heilongjiang Province-"Repairing bad habits of funerals and realizing civilized funeral"
7.People's Government of Fengxian District, Shanghai-"Five-in-One" Comprehensive Comprehensive Management of Buried Bulks
8.Changzhou Civil Affairs Bureau of Jiangsu Province —— "Building 96444 Funeral and Burial Public Service Platform and Innovating Modern Service Management Model"
9. People's Government of Suining County, Jiangsu Province-"Insist on Protecting People's Livelihood, Integrating into Rural Rejuvenation, Funing Reform in Suining County Takes a New Way"
10. Hangzhou Civil Affairs Bureau in Zhejiang Province-"Benefiting the People's Livelihood, Emphasizing Supervision, Promoting Standardization, Creating the" Hangzhou Model "for Governance Service Market Governance"
11. Civil Affairs Bureau of Xiangshan County, Zhejiang Province-"Deepening the Customs and Establishing a New Custom of Civilization"
12. Civil Affairs Bureau of Changxing County, Zhejiang Province-"Deepening Funeral and Changing Customs and Creating" Civilized Funeral "Brand"
13.Anqing Civil Affairs Bureau of Anhui Province-"Establishing a Long-term Mechanism for Funeral and Interment Management and Strongly Promoting Funeral and Interment Reform"
14. Xiamen Civil Affairs Bureau, Fujian Province-"Innovation, Benefit, Benefit and Efficiency"
15. Civil Affairs Bureau of Shanghang County, Fujian Province-"Four Wheel Drive" Creates "Shanghang Sample" of Funeral Reform
16. Bureau of Civil Affairs of Ji'an, Jiangxi Province-"Transforming the Funeral Habits of Millennium Funerals, Creating a New Style of Modern Civilization"
17. Guixi Civil Affairs Bureau of Jiangxi Province-"Respecting Public Opinions, Scientific Planning, Promoting the Construction of Public Welfare Cemeteries in Urban and Rural Areas with High Quality"
18. People's Government of Yishui County, Shandong Province-"Dare to be the first in the world to innovate and implement" Municipal Funeral "
19. Jiaozhou Civil Affairs Bureau of Shandong Province-"Change the Wind and Change the Vulgarity and Continuously Promote the Funeral Reform and Innovation"
20. Bureau of Civil Affairs, Weihai, Shandong Province-"Adhere to Planning First, Actively Build a Multi-Regulation Ecological Civilization Funeral Service System"
21. The People's Government of Honghu City, Hubei Province-"Promoting Standardization and Enhancing the Capacity of Public Service for Funeral"
22.Civil Affairs Bureau of Tongcheng County, Hubei Province —— "Break the millennium old customs, create a new style for the new generation"
23. Civic Affairs Bureau of Jinshi City, Hunan Province-"Tianshi Sample" of "Bringing Township to City"
24. Civil Affairs Bureau of Guangzhou, Guangdong Province-"Dedicated to Meeting the Needs of the Masses, Exploring the Construction of the Funeral System"
25. Civil Affairs Bureau of Pingle County, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region-"" Three strategies, co-drive, four constructions, four measures, simultaneous implementation of four measures ", and steady implementation of comprehensive funeral reform pilots"
26. Civil Affairs Bureau of Chongqing Puyang Tujia and Miao Autonomous County —— "Enhancing the People's Compensation and Replenishment Policy and Continuously Promoting the Funeral and Burial Reform"
27. Bureau of Civil Affairs of Meishan, Sichuan Province-"Five Highlights and Five Places in Full Advancement of Funeral Reform and Innovation"
28. Bureau of Civil Affairs of Shimian County, Sichuan Province-"Three Trues" Solidly and Steadily Promote Funeral Reform
29. Guiyang People's Government of Guizhou Province-"Strengthening the Implementation of Responsibilities and Actively Promoting the Funeral and Burial Reform"
30. Civil Affairs Bureau of Lu'an County, Guizhou Province-"3347" lays foundation, ecological reform promotes civilization
31. Department of Civil Affairs of Yunnan Province-"Accelerate the Construction of Information Technology and Promote the Leaping Development of Funeral Reform"
32. Yuxi Civil Affairs Bureau of Yunnan Province —— "High position promotes scientific planning and creates a new situation in funeral work"
33. People's Government of Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province-"Reasonably guide the combination of decongestion, classified implementation and long-term operation"
34. People's Government of Dali County, Shaanxi Province-"Building a Green Cemetery and Creating a Garden After Life"
35. Civil Affairs Bureau of Shandan County, Gansu Province-"Strengthening and Standardizing the Management of Funeral and Burial, Deepening the Funeral Reform"
36. Civil Affairs Bureau of Wushi County, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region-"Improving Infrastructure Construction and Promoting Comprehensive Reform of Funeral and Interment"